Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Deinonychus Rap!

Hold on to your butts...
I took a class called Dinosaurs in college, because why not?  Part of our final project in this class had to be a performance, so I wrote a rap that I rapped a capella in front of the class.  The other day, I found the paper I wrote the rap on, which was covered in writing everywhere in all directions like a lunatic wrote it.  After much deciphering, I figured  out which part was the real rap.  Without further ado, I present to you the Deinonychus Rap:

My favorite dino's the Deinonychus
Unknown and anonymous, but in size synonymous
With all of the raptors / Who managed to capture
Many people's hearts starring in Jurassic Park / that movie is classic art
Deinonychus weighed over a hundred pounds
But could probably walk around making very little sound
Deinonychus stood about six feet tall
Yeah, his name is latin for "Terrible Claw"
Attached to the tip of the second toe
Was a claw twice as big as toes three and four
He used his arms to seize prey and his claw to kill them
Died out a hundred million years ago but until then
He was a lean, mean, killing machine
Came on the scene in the Mid Cretaceous
You know he was tenacious
A member of the meat-eating group Theropod
His wrists moved left to right / this was very odd
But also important as Theropods evolved into birds
It enabled their flight stroke to fly around the world
Bob Bakker analyzed Deinonychus's bones
To help him show / that Dinos weren't slow
And Ostrom claimed that he hunted in packs
More recent research showed Ostrom's methods were wack
But some folks say even though it's improbable
Pack-hunting Dinos are not impossible
At the least, the idea's entertaining
To think of eight Deinonychus killing and maiming / The Ornithopod Tenontosaurus
No, this scene will never bore us!
Deinonychus lived in Western USA
I hope you've learned something today
I'm at the end of what I have to say
I only hope that someday / a movie will come out
Giving Deinonychus the clout that he deserves
For sure / the world should know what he's about / I'm out!

3 comments:

  1. ooooooh - this is good! very good! I especially like the comment about how the paper looked like A LUNATIC WROTE IT! Scan it in so we have a visual too! what was up with that - were you taking notes for a class on it too? By the way, I am so glad all those thousands of tuition dollars were put to good use! This dino rap is the proof - just excellent! Also, what grade did you get in the class? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a You Tube video of the performance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom - I'll scan the paper in when I get a chance. It looks crazy because I have the rap written on it multiple times in random places (I think I changed it at some point?) I did very well in the class and had lots of fun, too!

    Anna - no you don't! I memorized the rap, but then forgot the words as I was performing it!

    ReplyDelete