Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Epic Bike ride(s!) in the works

Most of my posts have been pretty serious lately, and they've all been about politics/economics and such.  My only recent post about bikes was this one, and that one was definitely a Debbie Downer too.  So because it's finally looking somewhat like spring outside, I want to tell you about a few bike rides I am planning.



First, early this summer I want to take a week off work and bike over to Wisconsin and back.  I haven't traveled on my own since I went to Oaxaca, Mexico (which I highly recommend - cool place, and the food is delicious!) when I was in high school.  I want to get out on my own and just explore.  I'll probably have to figure out a basic route, but other than that I want to be able to just go wherever the wind may take me (which may be to get some beer and cheese - I hear that's what they do in Wisconsin).  I'll pack a bunch of food and water, and camp out in the woods at night.




Later in September, I'm planning to go on a ride to Duluth, Minnesota with my mom and girlfriend.  It should be a few day's ride each way, so we'll have to take another week off work.  Duluth is right on the coast of Lake Superior, but this "lake" is more like an ocean.  The water keeps going past the horizon, as far as you can see.  I'm thinking September will be a good time for a ride because it won't be as hot as July/August, but October is kind of too late because it could be snowing already, which would SUCK.

Well, thanks for reading!  Not sure what you will get out of this, but hopefully you were entertained.  Speaking of being entertained, I'm off to go watch some Justified, which is a sweet show.

No comments:

Post a Comment