Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet music videos: 6 foot 7 foot and Freaks and Geeks

I try to keep this blog on topic for the most part, but we all have to be entertained sometime, right? Check out this Lil' Wayne video:



I didn't like this song at first, but it grew on me for some reason.  You gotta watch and listen closely - Lil Wayne acts out close to every bar of the rap.  Dude who raps after him sucks, though.  Still the coolest music video in a while, if you ask me.  My favorite bar is: You know father time / We all know mother nature / It's all in the family but I am of no relation

The beat's sick, too.  Squash banana!

Here's another video - this one's by Childish Gambino aka Donald Glover:



I discovered this when one of my friends was listening to this in a car the other day.  I know Donald Glover from Community, and from his sketches back when he was on College Humor, of which my favorite was bro rape.  So when I heard he was a rapper, I thought it might be joke rap, a la Lonely Island (who are hilarious by the way).  But Donald Glover is serious about his Childish Gambino project, and he's actually got some skill.  Favorite line: You get sloppy drunk, I stay whiskey neat / Your clique should be cancelled, Freaks and Geeks

I gotta go to work so I'm out, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment