Saturday, May 21, 2011

More tunes from the Replacements

So remember the other day when I told you I discovered the Replacements?  I liked them so much I wanted to post some more of their songs.  Here are three more of their songs that I liked a lot:

I like how he yells "YOU'RE MY FAVORITE THING!"



I like some of their slower songs like this one too.  The Replacements' singer sounds a lot like Kurt Cobain did later on:

Here's another slower song - I like the guitar riff a lot on this one, and the soft verse / loud chorus dynamics are similar to a lot of Pixies and Nirvana songs:


Then I was thinking some more about The Replacements' song Unsatisfied, and its themes of dissatisfaction with modern life.  So here are a couple songs about how much electronics suck.  First, how DO you say goodnight to an answering machine?


Now here's a song from indie-rap group Zion I that is probably the exact opposite of the Replacements in any way:


My favorite part's when he talks about how he used to have "numbers stashed away in my brain".  I can remember back before I had a cell phone I had lots of people's numbers memorized, and now I can barely remember one person's number...People in the store can't give you change without a machine......it's sad.  It's also hilarious when he talks about cell phones causing crashes.

If you know any songs about technology/computers, leave a comment and I'll add them to the list!

-Cy

No comments:

Post a Comment